SOCIAL MEDIA/MARKETING INTERN
Knoxville Children’s Theatre (KCT) is seeking an energetic and organized part-time SOCIAL MEDIA/MARKETING INTERN to manage and administer all social media for our annual 10-show season and five annual class terms for our quickly growing children’s theatre.
Knoxville Children’s Theatre, an education-based 501(c)(3) non-profit, is a local theatre company producing quality plays with professional standards for children, by children. At KCT, children under the age of 18 are the actors, designers, and stage managers. KCT also offers a directing intern program for students to train under the guidance of the Artistic Director which culminates in directing a production.
The Social Media/Marketing intern will be responsible for creating and administering content for all social media platforms for our ten show season as well as our five annual terms of academy classes. The position will report directly to the Executive Director and work closely with the entire staff.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Must be at least 18 years of age, received or working toward a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field.
EXPERIENCE: Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Some theatre and graphic design experience would be helpful. Social Media educational classes completed or some experience preferred. Ability to use Canva or InDesign. Must have an understanding of each social platforms algorithms and tactics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for day to day management of social media which includes creating all posts, ads, and graphics.
- Must attend some KCT shows, rehearsals, classes, events, etc. to get content for social media.
- Create consistent, meaningful content to increase participant engagement and ticket/class sales.
- Communicate with social media followers, including responding to queries in a timely manner.
- Track metrics and use analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook insights, etc. to monitor and evaluate KCT’s social media presence and performance.
- Prepare monthly reports for board meetings on social media marketing efforts and results.
- Analyze and measure the success of each social media campaign.
- Work with KCT’s management team to develop strategy and creative campaigns to increase KCT’s reach. Occasionally attend staff meetings.
- Manage the budget for social media advertising.
- Research and identify other paid social opportunities that would lead to attendee/participant growth.
- Additional duties as directed.
Please submit your resume to [email protected]