Knoxville Children’s Theatre takes the health of our actors and students seriously and it is of utmost importance in all of our decisions. We are also further influenced by the fact that our audiences always include grandparents and others who have been classified by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as “high risk” for complications resulting from a COVID-19 infection. Our decisions about performances and other activities are informed by the Knox County Health Department; guidance from the CDC & ACA (American Camp Association); advice from local physicians; and the wisdom and common sense of our board. We continue to follow all health and safety guidelines put forth by the City of Knoxville, Knox County, and the Knox County Health Department.
Our current safety precautions are:
- All participants are screened prior to each performance and class.
- Occupancy for our productions is currently limited to 50 people.
- Each group/family will be seated together in the auditorium with distancing from other groups/families.
- Daily facility cleaning.
- All door handles, push bars, staircase railings, and other commonly touched surfaces are being disinfected between each show and class.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout our facility.
- Public restrooms are cleaned between each show/class.
- Visitors are required to wear masks as mandated by the City of Knoxville when in our facility.
We kindly ask that you DO NOT ENTER the theatre if you or someone you have contact with has been exposed to, is currently quarantined, or is suspected of exposure to COVID-19. If you are exhibiting any of the following symptoms, we ask that you please stay home:
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- fever or chills
- sore throat
- new loss of taste or smell
Thank you for your kind consideration and assistance in maintaining a safe environment for everyone.